Tuesday 28 June 2011

The Hype Theory

The band I have chosen to use for my work are called The Hype Theory. Their genre is pop/ power/ punk/ rock. They are from Chelmsford, Essex and the members of the band are: Katy (Vocals), Sean (Guitar), Tom (Guitar), and Josh (Drums).
The Hype Theory

Similar bands to The Hype Theory include: Fall Out Boy, Kids in Glass Houses, Blink 182, All Time Low, Young Guns, and You Me At Six. The main band they are compared to is Paramore as they are also a female fronted band in the same genre. Paramore are an American band from Tennessee who, over the past few years, have gained many fans around the world and their front woman, Hayley Williams, has broken many stereotypes with women in rock. 
You Me At Six, All Time Low, Kids in Glass Houses and Paramore.


Here is the message and their reply I sent to the band asking if I could use them for my work. I contacted them on Facebook as it was fast and direct to the band. As you can see from their reply, they had no problem with me using their band for my work.
Facebook Message


This is the song I shall be using to make my music video. It is called "We Will Be Singing". Its a catchy song and I feel I will be able to construct an interesting music video that connects to the lyrics and genre well.




These are the lyrics for the song "We Will Be Singing", when getting ideas for what to include in my video I will look at the lyrics to give me inspiration.

We will be singing when it's over
We will be singing Woah! Woah!
Let me say it to you straight and plain

I'm just a piece in your endless lonely game
Your changing mind like a melody
And I don't need, I don't need a reason
Take what's yours you took what's mine
And we lived it up on borrowed time
Take what's yours you took what's mine
And we lived it up
We will be singing when it's over
We will be singing Woah! Woah!
We will be singing when it's over
We will be singing Woah! Woah!
I never wanted the conventional
But you should know you don't make no sense at all
Your taking sides with the enemy
And you told me you had good intentions
Take what's yours you took what's mine
And we lived it up on borrowed time
Take what's yours you took what's mine
And we lived it up
We will be singing when it's over
We will be singing Woah! Woah!
We will be singing when it's over
We will be singing Woah! Woah!
Sing for the urgency Woah! Woah!
Sing for the memories Woah! Woah!
We will be singing when it's over
We will be singing when it's over
We will be singing when it's over
We will be singing when it's over

Note: After choosing The Hype Theory as my band for my work, they were signed up by Small Town Records in June. I spoke to my teachers about this and they agreed that as I had already started getting ideas and planning my music video during my study leave break I could still use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment